Report: Drone strike ordered by Biden admin kills aid worker in Kabul

A drone attack ordered by members of the Biden administration ended up killing an Afghan aid worker in Kabul and nine members of his family, including seven children, according to footage and reports released by The New York Times on Friday.

The attack was conducted on Aug. 29 and was reportedly intended to target a suspected Islamic State bomber.

Military spokesmen claimed afterward that the operation was a success, and it wasn’t until later that reports uncovered the alleged mistake.

Zemari Ahmadi was the man killed, according to his brother Romal, who told the Times that the family was not involved in jihad. Seven of the victim’s children were also killed in the blast, according to the New York Post.

Drone strike kills US ally?

According to the Post, Ahmadi was a technical engineer for 14 years in Afghanistan for a California-based charity group that “feeds hungry Afghans.”

The group had been working to get the man and his family out of the country and into the U.S. because of the aid he provided, the Post said — but that was prior to the strike on his car, which damaged a nearby building as well.

U.S. intelligence sources said that the car, a Toyota Corolla, had wrapped packages in it, but footage shared by the Times suggests they were laptop computers used by the victim and his co-workers, who had reportedly driven to work earlier in the day.

Biden admin claims success

Right after the strike, U.S. military officials called it a success. “The procedures were correctly followed and it was a righteous strike” Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said, according to the New York Post.

The sentiment was echoed by a spokesperson for the U.S. Central Command.

“U.S. military forces conducted a self-defense…airstrike today on a vehicle in Kabul, eliminating an imminent ISIS-K threat to Hamad Karzai International Airport,” Capt. Bill Urban said, as the Post reported. “We are confident we successfully hit the target. Significant secondary explosions from the vehicle indicated the presence of a substantial amount of explosive material.”

The Pentagon later claimed that secondary explosions proved that the materials inside the car were incendiary devices, but weapons experts consulted by The New York Times disputed those claims, saying that the damage around the vehicle was not consistent with secondary explosions, but rather, with a Hellfire missile deployment.

It’s all part of just the latest disaster to come out of Biden’s actions in Afghanistan, which have now cost over 20 U.S. citizens and allies their lives. How much more of Biden’s incompetence will we have to endure over the next three-plus years?

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts