Bret Baier admits he has ‘concerns’ over Tucker Carlson’s Capitol riot documentary

For some time now, Tucker Carlson’s nightly program on Fox News has been the highest-rated show on cable news. However, not everyone at the network is happy about his particular brand of nightly content.

According to The Hill, fellow Fox News host Bret Baier recently expressed “concerns” over some of the material that Carlson has released, specifically in relation to Carlson’s latest documentary on the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. 

Baier’s disapproval became evident this week during an appearance on Brian Kilmeade’s radio show. At one point, Baier was asked about a documentary series Carlson produced called Patriot Purge, which has been both highly praised and criticized.

“There were concerns”

“I didn’t get hurt by it I didn’t get damaged by it,” Kilmeade told Baier on Monday. “Were you bothered by it? Because that’s the reporting.”

“There’s a … Brian, I don’t want to go down this road,” Baier said in response. “You know, I mean, there were concerns about it definitely … I think that the news division did what we do, we do when we covered the story.”

Carlson’s controversial documentary suggests that the riots that took place on Jan. 6 at the Capitol were, in part, the work of government informants, with Carlson claiming they could use the chaotic event to target conservatives ahead of the 2022 midterms.

“The domestic war on terror is here — and it’s coming for half of the country,” a promotional clip for the first installment of Patriot Purge alleges.

“Tucker explores how the Biden regime is using the Capitol riots on January Sixth to paint Americans as terrorists. But what exactly happened on 1/6 and how much of what we were told was a lie?”

Fox News exodus

Baier is not the only one with reservations over Carlson’s reporting, as a pair of anti-Trump Republicans, both longtime Fox News contributors, cited it as their reason for recently leaving the network.

“The special—which ran on Fox’s subscription streaming service earlier this month and was promoted on Fox News—is presented in the style of an exposé, a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism,” Steve Hayes and Jonah Goldberg said in a statement published by The Dispatch.

“In reality, it is a collection of incoherent conspiracy-mongering, riddled with factual inaccuracies, half-truths, deceptive imagery, and damning omissions,” the two former Fox contributors added.

“And its message is clear: The U.S. government is targeting patriotic Americans in the same manner —and with the same tools—that it used to target al Qaeda.”

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts