Reports allege Chinese doctor died in apparent murder-suicide

Breitbart reported Friday that a doctor and his son had died in what is being described as an apparent murder–suicide.

The doctor, Ma Huafeng, was reportedly working to fight COVID-19 at a hospital in China. But as Breitbart reported, the 34-year-old allegedly “jumped to his death, along with his [5]-year-old son, off a building” last week.

Citing Hong Kong’s Apple Daily, Breitbart said the incident may have been related to “domestic tensions” involving the doctor’s wife.

The Breitbart report has not been independently verified, however.

A tragic death

According to reports, Ma worked at the Yichang Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, located in China’s Hubei province. The facility, Breitbart reports, is one of many that practice Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), using what the outlet called “natural remedies” to improve patients’ overall health.

Citing the Apple Daily, Breitbart reported that Ma “endured six-hour shifts without taking breaks for food or water” working to fight the coronavirus, which reportedly originated in China, “and conducted his work while wearing heavy protective gear,” Breitbart said.

The doctor had apparently told Chinese media as much ahead of his death, though several outlets cited by Breitbart said the communist nation’s regime was not involved in Ma’s death.

According to a tracker provided by Johns Hopkins University, the coronavirus has infected more than 4.6 million people worldwide, including nearly 85,000 reported cases out of China. The nation says it has less than 5,000 deaths from the disease.

Who’s to blame?

The news of Ma’s death comes amid heightened tensions between China and the U.S. As Breitbart reported Friday, Ma isn’t the first doctor out of China to have spoken out about hospital conditions and subsequently lost their life — and American officials have expressed outwardly that they aren’t convinced China’s communist regime is telling the whole truth about their deaths, or the virus itself.

“The Chinese, behind the shield of the World Health Organization for two months, hid the virus from the world, and then sent hundreds of thousands of Chinese on aircraft to Milan, New York, and around the world to seed that,” White House economic adviser Peter Navarro told ABC News on Sunday. “They could have kept it in Wuhan; instead, it became a pandemic.”

Johns Hopkins University’s tracker shows more than 1.4 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., with over 88,000 deaths. And Navarro wasn’t afraid to point fingers.

“Yes, I do blame the Chinese,” Navarro told ABC. “That’s why I say the Chinese did that to Americans and they are responsible now.”

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook