Gov. DeSantis files lawsuit against Biden admin over ‘open-borders’ immigration policies

President Joe Biden’s reckless abandonment of nearly all of the successful border security and immigration enforcement policies of his predecessor, former President Donald Trump, has come with real costs and repercussions that are being borne by the states and the American people.

But Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) will no longer sit idly by and watch Biden throw the nation’s southern border wide open and he is taking action, including filing a federal lawsuit against the Biden administration, The Daily Wire reported.

Lawsuit filed

Gov. DeSantis, joined by state Attorney General Ashley Moody (R), spoke in Fort Myers Tuesday about the new lawsuit and other actions he’ll take in opposition to the current administration’s crisis-inducing open-borders policies.

A specific focus of the lawsuit is the reinstitution of the “catch-and-release” policy for illegal migrants apprehended near the border that had been ended under Trump. Such a policy generally allows illegal migrants to be released into America’s interior — often without being thoroughly screened for criminal or health issues — while awaiting an immigration court date for which many never return.

“I think this is intentional, I think this is ideological,” DeSantis said. “They want a massive illegal migration into this country.”

“It’s very clear the open borders is the Biden Administration policy. They want a massive, illegal migration into this country,” he continued. “They are farming out people all across communities across the United States, including here in Florida.”

“This is absolutely a crisis. It’s a crisis of the administration’s own making,” DeSantis added. “This continued release of folks on a very mass scale and unprecedented scale will saddle states and local governments with health, financial, economic, and public safety costs.”

New executive orders

Miami’s WTVJ reported that in addition to the federal lawsuit, Gov. DeSantis also issued an executive order blocking all executive agencies and departments in the state from cooperating with or facilitating the U.S. government’s resettlement of released illegal migrants in the state.

The order also instructs those same agencies and departments to collect as much information as possible from state officials regarding the true scope and costs of illegal migration to the state and taxpayers of Florida.

In addition, according to a press release from the governor’s office, DeSantis also appointed former U.S. Attorney Larry Keefe to the position of “Public Safety Czar” and tasked him with ensuring that the aforementioned executive order was adhered to and enforced.

Accountability is key

The governor’s press release further noted that Gov. DeSantis has previously tried, unfortunately with no response, to elicit transparency and truth from the Biden administration regarding the release of illegal migrants into Florida communities.

In a statement outlining the several actions being taken on this issue, DeSantis said, “We will continue to hold the federal government accountable for refusing to enforce the immigration laws of this country.”

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts