DC medical examiner punts ruling on cause of death for Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick

Months after the unrest on Jan. 6, the death of U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick remains a stubborn mystery.

The autopsy results of four Trump supporters who died at the Capitol were released by Washington, D.C. medical examiner this week, but for reasons that are not clear, Sicknick’s cause of death remains “pending.”

ME won’t say how Sicknick died

The medical examiner told the Washington Examiner they have been unable to meet a 90-day standard for releasing Sicknick’s cause of death because of its complexity.

The ambiguity is strange, especially given the manner in which Sicknick’s tragic death was exploited by enemies of former President Donald Trump and his supporters.

For weeks, Democrats and corporate media outlets pushed a graphic, but utterly false, account that Trump supporters had beat Sicknick to death with a fire extinguisher in what liberal partisans have repeatedly called an “armed insurrection.” The New York Times eventually admitted the story was baseless.

Of the five whose deaths were linked to the pro-Trump “insurrection,” four were Trump supporters, and the only person whose death has been ruled a homicide was Ashli Babbitt, an unarmed woman shot to death by a Capitol Police officer, according to the Washington Examiner.

The medical examiner reportedly said that Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and Trump supporter, was killed with a “gunshot wound to the left anterior shoulder.” Kevin Greeson and Benjamin Phillips both died of heart disease. Rosanne Boyland’s death was ruled an accidental overdose on amphetamine.

What are they hiding?

The name of the police officer who shot Babbitt is unknown, and there has been very little journalistic curiosity about whether her death was justified.

Although Sicknick’s death has attracted by far the most attention, it is also the murkiest, and attempts to clarify the situation haven’t gone very far. When lawmakers pressed FBI Director Christopher Wray at a hearing in March, he refused to comment, as The Washington Times noted.

Two men who attacked Sicknick and two other cops with chemical spray have been charged with assault, but not murder.

According to the Washington Examiner, Sicknick’s brother Ken says Brian texted him after the riot to say he had been attacked with pepper spray but was feeling fine. The officer died the next day. His mother has said she believes he suffered a stroke.

It seems we’re left with more questions than answers. What exactly is going on here?

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

49 Responses

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts