Father of toddler physically attacks alleged killer in courtroom

Chaos broke out in an Ohio courtroom on Thursday.

WLWT5 reports that a man accused of killing a toddler and the toddler’s mother was physically attacked, in the courtroom, by the toddler’s father. 


This has to do with the death of 29-year-old Nyteisha Lattimore and her toddler son.

On Dec. 12, 2020, authorities found Lattimore’s body on the banks of the Ohio River. It is believed that Lattimore was stabbed to death inside of a Walnut Hills apartment about a week earlier, on Dec. 5, 2020.

Attention was quickly turned to Lattimore’s toddler son, who was also missing. Authorities found with Lattimore’s body a Paw Patrol blanket. They also found the boy’s stroller in the Ohio River. But, despite an extensive search effort, they have not found the boy.

The prosecution alleges that Desean Brown is responsible for both the deaths of Lattimore and her son. Brown has been charged with two counts of aggravated murder, one count of gross abuse of a corpse, and one count of tampering with evidence.

For the murder charges, the prosecution is seeking the death penalty.

Chaos erupts in court

On Thursday, Brown appeared in court. This court appearance was to determine whether Brown’s confession tape ought to be allowed as evidence in the trial. The judge ruled that it would be.

The reason the case has garnered so much attention is because of what happened at the end of this court hearing. As everything was wrapping up, Tonio Hughes, the father of the toddler, walked up to Brown and punched him – repeatedly.

Authorities, while calling for backup, took Hughes to the ground, cuffing him. Hughes, nonetheless, still attempted to break free and attack Brown. Hughes, though, didn’t get any more shots in after the initial ones. Brown was eventually escorted out of the room, and Hughes was escorted out shortly thereafter.

The judge, Megan Shanahan, has decided to hold Hughes in contempt of court for the attack. Hughes has been sentenced to seven days in the Hamilton County Justice Center.

The trial will continue on Aug. 29, which is the next scheduled court appearance for Brown. It is unclear whether or not Hughes will be allowed to be in attendance.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts