Fox News executives reportedly ‘ban’ Rudy Giuliani from guest appearances

Former New York City mayor and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani was once a frequent guest on Fox News, but he hasn’t been seen on the network in quite some time.

Now comes a report that Giuliani was quietly “banned” from the network by top Fox executives, and the man once referred to as “America’s Mayor” doesn’t fully understand why that has occurred, Breitbart reported.

“Really hurt”

Word of the alleged ban of Giuliani by Fox News execs was first reported Friday by Politico’s Playbook, which cited unnamed bookers at the network as saying that ban on appearances came “from the top,” and also applied to the former mayor’s son, Andrew Giuliani, who is running for the Republican nomination to be New York’s next governor.

The report claimed that Giuliani was informed of the ban on the “eve of 9/11” when Fox & Friends co-host Pete Hegseth allegedly called the former mayor to apologize that he wouldn’t be invited on to memorialize the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in which Giuliani had played a significant role in New York City’s recovery.

“Rudy is really hurt because he did a big favor for Rupert [Murdoch],” an anonymous source said to be close to Giuliani told Politico. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City.”

That Politico report went on to reference the lawsuit filed against Giuliani and Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems over the former mayor’s disputed claims of 2020 election fraud, and further noted that other prominent allies of former President Donald Trump, while perhaps not banned outright, had nonetheless found it “difficult” to get booked for appearances on any of the network’s programs.

Giuliani speaks out

Breitbart noted that when asked about the alleged Fox News ban by Newsmax host Greg Kelly, Giuliani replied, “I don’t know,” and said, “They haven’t given me a reason. They just said I’m banned.”

Giuliani seemed to indicate that he believed the ban stemmed from the claims he had made previously about Hunter Biden and the contents of his abandoned laptop in a Delaware repair shop — claims that had initially been fiercely opposed and censored by mainstream and social media but have since been corroborated and proven accurate, at least in part.

In a report from Rolling Stone, it was revealed that Giuliani similarly complained about being banned by Fox News during an interview with former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, and he decried the move as “outrageous” and unacceptable.

The report further noted that, rather than Giuliani’s now-corroborated claims about Hunter Biden’s laptop being the reason for the ban, it most likely stemmed from the pending defamation lawsuit by Dominion that had Fox executives anxious to keep Giuliani and his election fraud allegations off the air.

No longer “relevant?”

Meanwhile, Deadline reported that according to its own internal sources at Fox, Politico had it wrong and Giuliani wasn’t actually “banned” from appearing on the network, but added that he is simply viewed as no longer being “relevant” or a worthwhile guest.

“The mayor has a long and distinguished career, but in terms of recent coverage, he simply isn’t relevant,” one of Deadline’s sources said.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts