Democrat Jerry Nadler blasts Barr over voter fraud probe: ‘Dangerous and irresponsible’

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) is furious with Bill Barr for moving forward on an investigation into allegations of voter fraud.

Nadler blasted Barr on Tuesday after the attorney general issued a memo that, according to Fox News, “gave federal prosecutors the green light to pursue ‘substantial allegations’ of voting irregularities.” The move came as President Donald Trump and his campaign team filed a series of lawsuits along similar lines.

“Attorney General Barr’s memo is both flawed and deeply disturbing,” Nadler wrote in a Tuesday statement, according to Fox.

“It is unlikely to open new legal avenues for the Trump campaign, but speaks to Barr’s dangerous and irresponsible impulse to pander to the President’s worst instincts,” the New York congressman alleged.

“History will remember”

Mainstream media outlets called the presidential election in Joe Biden’s favor on Saturday, but President Trump, for his part, has refused to concede. As recently as Tuesday, Trump claimed in a tweet that there was evidence of “ballot counting abuse.”

But Nadler, for his part, is apparently not willing to consider that possibility.

“The Attorney General may think that he is merely humoring a President who will eventually concede the race and transfer power to his successor,” the Democrat said in his Tuesday statement, according to Fox. “This approach is as short-sighted as it is cynical and destructive.”

Nadler went on to say that Trump “will be out of office in a matter of weeks” before issuing an ominous warning to Barr: “History will remember their conduct between now and then.”

Trump continues the fight

Still, allies of the president maintain that he’s making the right move. Speaking this week on Fox News’ Sunday Morning Futures, Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani went so far as to say “it would be wrong for [Trump] to concede.”

“There is strong evidence that this was an election that in at least three or four states, and possible 10, it was stolen,” the former New York City mayor told host Maria Bartiromo, according to the New York Post. “In other words, it was based on false votes. Now, you can’t let an election go into history without challenging that.”

Only time will tell if the president and his supporters’ efforts prove successful, but one thing is certain: Trump isn’t ready to give up the fight for victory just yet.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook