Majority of Americans worried about Biden’s mental health: Poll

A new poll has found that the majority of Americans are concerned about President Joe Biden’s mental health, The Washington Times reports

The poll comes from Issues & Insights/TIPP. It was conducted online from Aug. 2-4.

The poll’s results were released on Monday.

The findings

One of the questions that the pollster asked participants was: “How concerned are you about President Biden’s mental health?”

A plurality –36% — indicated that they are “very concerned” about Biden’s mental health. The next highest percentage was 23% for “somewhat concerned.” Combined, this means that a majority — at 59% — expressed some level of concern about the president’s mental health.

On the other hand, only 18% indicated that they are “not very concerned” about Biden’s mental health and only 21% said that they are “not at all concerned” about it. 2% said that were “not sure” one way or the other.

A breakdown

It will likely come as no surprise that the overwhelming majority — 82% — of those who align with the political right expressed some level of concern about Biden’s mental health.

Of those poll participants who refer to themselves as independents, 56% expressed some level of concern over the president’s mental health. The percentage was the same for those who call themselves “moderate.”

The majority of Democrats and liberals, on the other hand, indicated that they are not concerned about Biden’s mental health. With regard to Democrats, 58% expressed no concern, while 39% expressed concern, and, with regard to liberals, 67% expressed no concern, while 32% expressed concern.

 Background

Given what we have seen from Biden, it is not that surprising that so many Americans are concerned about the president’s mental health. What’s surprising is that the percentage isn’t even higher.

For example, Monday, the day that the poll was released, was the same day that Biden was caught on camera dropping his aviator sunglass as he struggled to put his jacket on.

Biden’s age is becoming more and more of an issue in view of the 2024 presidential election. It has become clear that many Democrats would like their party to move on from Biden, citing Biden’s old age as one of the main reasons to do so.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts