Mark Meadows predicts ‘real trouble’ for ‘the Andy McCabes, the James Comeys’ in Durham probe

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows thinks indictments could be coming for the likes of former FBI Director James Comey in U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the Obama-era origins of the infamous Trump–Russia collusion probe.

Speaking with Fox Business personality Maria Bartiromo, Meadows said Tuesday that he has seen information that suggests some former senior FBI officials could soon find themselves “in real trouble,” the Washington Examiner reported.

“Additional documents that I’ve been able to review say that a number of the players, the Peter Strzoks, the Andy McCabes, the James Comeys, and even others in the administration previously are in real trouble because of their willingness to participate in an unlawful act and I use the word unlawful at best, it broke all kinds of protocols and at worst people should go to jail as I mentioned previously,” Meadows said, according to the Examiner.

“His house of cards will come falling down”

Durham was first tasked by Attorney General Bill Barr to look into the origins of what become Robert Mueller’s probe last spring. It was announced in October 2019 that Durham’s probe had become a criminal investigation, but so far, only one indictment has come out of it.

Meadows, however, apparently believes more could be on the way. Trump’s chief of staff told Bartiromo Tuesday that the president has “encouraged not only declassification, but full transparency” with regard to Durham’s probe, adding that the president “has nothing to hide.”

“I can tell you, it’s real easy for Peter Strzok to go on 60 Minutes when he doesn’t have to raise his right hand and tell the truth. In all of this interview, I can tell you this,” Meadows said, according to the Examiner.

Meadows was referring to a 60 Minutes appearance that disgraced former FBI agent Strzok made last Sunday. Strzok was fired from the FBI in 2018, according to Fox News, after multiple anti-Trump text messages emerged that he had sent to his alleged lover, then-FBI attorney Lisa Page.

“It’s not backed up by the facts,” Meadows insisted of Stzrok’s account of the matter, according to the Examiner. “It’s not backed up by documents that I’ve seen. And ultimately, his house of cards will come falling down.”

“You’ll be hearing more”

Fox News reported on Aug. 15 that former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith had pleaded guilty to illegally altering an email to say that former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page was not a source for another government agency. It was the first public announcement of charges in Durham’s investigation.

The Justice Department’s charging document stated that Clinesmith “did willfully and knowingly make and use a false writing and document, knowing the same to contain a materially false, fictitious, and fraudulent statement and entry in a matter before the jurisdiction of the executive branch and judicial branch of the Government of the United States.”

Trump, for his part, seemed pleased with the news and suggested that more indictments from Durham could be on the way.

“The fact is they spied on my campaign and they got caught,” Trump said of Clinesmith’s guilty plea, according to Fox. “And you’ll be hearing more.”

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook