Melania Trump goes on the attack

Former First Lady Melania Trump castigated a historian who had some negative comments about upgrades made to the White House Rose Garden last year, according to The Hill

Michael Beschloss, the presidential historian for NBC News and, consequently, a frequent critic of former President Donald Trump, said that the renovations were an “evisceration” of the White House Rose Garden.

Beschloss’s comments were in response to the year anniversary of the upgrades being finished when he said, “And here was the grim result — decades of American history made to disappear.”

The former First Lady fired back calling his comments “misleading” and “dishonorable” before saying that the historian “has proven his ignorance by showing a picture of the Rose Garden in its infancy.”

“The Rose Garden is graced with a healthy & colorful blossoming of roses. His misleading information is dishonorable & he should never be trusted as a professional historian,” the former first lady’s office tweeted on Sunday.

Last August the office of the then-first lady revealed its plan to make the Rose Garden pay homage to the original 1962 design by Rachel Lambert Mellon during the Kennedy administration.

Melania Trump received the same type of response her husband so often received from the media, which was an all-out negative onslaught of opinions about her plan. 

Criticism of the garden’s proposed look gained so much traction that in April of this year a petition began to circulate asking the current First Lady, Jill Biden, and second gentleman Doug Emhoff to change the garden back. 

The changes sparked criticism among many who attacked the historic garden’s new look.

Petitioners requested that the unlikely duo reverse the changes to the Rose Garden, indicating a continued aggressive dislike for what the Trump family did while in the White House.

“We want Jill Biden and Doug Emhoff to take this on and restore the Rose Garden to [former first lady Jackie Kennedy’s] original design,” the Change.org petition said.

Included in the petition’s verbiage was the accusation that the Trump administration “ripped away” Kennedy’s legacy, among other complaints. The first lady and second gentleman have yet to respond to the requests.

The petition argued that the renovations made by the Trump administration “ripped away” Kennedy’s legacy. Biden and Emhoff have not responded to the petition.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts