Montage video of Biden’s past remarks prove he was wrong about Afghanistan

Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity just released an embarrassing video montage of comments about the Afghanistan situation previously made by President Joe Biden.

In the montage, which contains footage from a press conference that took place a month ago, Biden claims that what is now a reality — the Taliban’s recapture of Afghanistan — would not happen, even labeling the scenario as “highly unlikely.” 

The footage from Hannity’s video montage originated from a press conference on July 8.

“Highly unlikely”

During the presser, Biden was asked by reporters about the consequences that could result from America withdrawing its military troops from Afghanistan, and if there was the possibility of a Taliban takeover. At the time, Biden was adamant that such a situation would not develop.

As the Washington Examiner noted, Biden said at the time: “The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

Biden supported that declaration with claims about the Afghanistan military, pointing out that Afghanistan had more troops than the Taliban and that the Afghan military had been equipped and trained by American forces, implying that there was not a chance that Taliban forces could be successful.

Fast-forward to roughly one month later, and it’s clear that Biden couldn’t have been any more wrong. The Taliban swept through Afghanistan in a matter of weeks with little resistance from the Afghan military.

Biden, on Monday, was forced to acknowledge the humiliating fact that Afghanistan fell “more quickly than we anticipated.”

More embarrassment

Biden is trying to pass the blame for the failure in Afghanistan on others, including former President Donald Trump and Afghanistan’s government. The president claimed that he “inherited” the Afghanistan situation from Trump and that Afghanistan misrepresented to the U.S. the willingness of its troops to fight the Taliban and hold its country.

Biden, though, in playing the blame game, has landed himself in yet another embarrassing situation. An old tweet of his began making rounds throughout social media. The tweet was from June 4, 2020, when Biden was still a presidential contender.

Biden wrote: “It’s hard to believe this has to be said, but unlike this president, I’ll do my job and take responsibility. I won’t blame others. And I’ll never forget that the job isn’t about me — it’s about you.”

It’s embarrassment all around for Biden, but, judging by his recent appearance, he either doesn’t realize it or simply doesn’t care.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts