NBC deletes, retracts report alleging new details on Pelosi attack that contradict official narrative

In the days following the violent assault on Paul Pelosi, new details have continued to emerge that seem to contradict the official narrative and, rather than clarify what occurred, instead serve only to raise more questions about the incident at the San Francisco home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).

A case in point was an explosive NBC News report with never-before-heard information that aired Friday morning on the “Today” show but was then swiftly retracted and deleted, according to TheBlaze.

That report seemed to reveal that Pelosi had actually walked toward his alleged assailant, David DePape, after the police had arrived and did not attempt to flee, seek the protection of the officers, or declare an ongoing emergency.

NBC attempts to memory-hole bombshell report

On the website for the “Today” show at the link for the story, the video of the NBC News report is now “expired” and gone, and there is an “Editors note” that now reads: “This piece has been removed from publication because it did not meet NBC News reporting standards.”

Likewise, a tweet posted to the “Today” show’s Twitter account has since been deleted.

That retracted report, however, has since been posted to Rumble and can still be viewed there in its entirety.

The now-deleted new details

According to Mediaite, NBC News reporter Miguel Almaguer began the report as an update on the Pelosi attack that noted how the victim had finally been released from the hospital after being treated for a skull fracture and other serious injuries to his arm and hand that were sustained in the assault with a hammer.

Almaguer, citing unnamed law enforcement sources, revealed several new pieces of information that hadn’t been heard before, including that the police knew they were responding to a “high priority” call but were unaware that it was the House Speaker’s home that they were responding to.

“The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home, but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police,” the reporter said at one point. “It’s unclear if the 82-year-old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources.”

“Why Pelosi didn’t try to flee or tell responding officers he was in distress is unclear,” Almaguer further reported, and also added, “We still don’t know exactly what unfolded between Mr. Pelosi and the suspect for the 30 minutes they were alone inside that house before police arrived.”

Source was determined to be “unreliable”

As for the sudden retraction of the report just hours after it had first aired, Mediaite added that according to a “source with knowledge of the story’s handling,” NBC had decided to delete and remove the story “after it was determined the main source for the information was unreliable regarding the circumstances that the police encountered when they arrived at the house, specifically what the police saw and how far the attacker was from the door.”

That may, in fact, be true, and Almaguer’s anonymous sources may, in fact, have not been credible or reliable, but instances like this only serve to further fuel skepticism that the public is not being made privy to the actual details of what went down at the Pelosi home and instead are being fed a carefully constructed narrative in which certain details simply don’t fit.