New poll shows Biden’s approval rating still sinking after Afghanistan disaster

Disaster is brewing for President Joe Biden as he tries to maintain his reputation in the wake of what can only be described as a botched withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan.

According to Breitbart, a new poll from Trafalgar Group pegged the president’s approval rating at a dismal 43.5%.

The numbers don’t lie

The poll, taken Sept. 8 and 9, came after the Biden administration completed its withdrawal from Afghanistan, an effort that ended in the deaths of 13 U.S. service members in its final days and that ultimately failed to result in the evacuation all Americans from the central Asian nation now being run by the Taliban.

Altogether, the poll garnered 1,086 responses to questions including: “How do you think Joe Biden is handling his job as President?”

Of those polled, about 25.5% said they “strongly approve” of Biden, while 18% approved. That adds up to a sad approval rating of just 43.5%.

Meanwhile, 6.1% of those polled disapproved of Biden, and a whopping 48.2% “strongly” disapproved — a combined 54.3% who aren’t pleased with the way Biden is running the country. Worse still for the president: More people “strongly disapprove” of Biden (48.2%) than approve of him at all (43.5%).

Roughly 2% of respondents had “no opinion” on the president’s job performance, according to Breitbart.

He’s spiraling

The numbers represent a dropoff from a previous Trafalgar poll taken in August. In that survey, 46.5% of respondents said they approved of Biden’s performance, while 47.5% disapproved. Six percent had no opinion.

But wait — there’s more bad news for Biden.

In other polls, Biden continues to fair poorly, with a new Economist/YouGov survey giving him one of the lowest approval ratings of his presidency, at just 39%, compared to 49% who disapproved.

Meanwhile, RealClearPolitics is pegging Biden’s net approval rating at -3.7%. That percentage represents the difference between Biden’s average approval rating (45.4%) and his average disapproval rating (49.1%) in a variety of recent polls.

As for what is driving Biden’s numbers downward, well, take your pick — the sluggish economy, the situation in Afghanistan, the crisis at the southern border, and most recently, the plans to mandate vaccines could all be contributing to his downward spiral. But one thing is for certain: Looking to the 2022 midterms, Democrats in Congress won’t be able to rely on the White House for a popularity boost.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts