New York AG on Cuomo’s sexual misconduct investigation: Governor ‘broke the law’

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), who has received a months-long break from the headlines revolving around his sexual misconduct accusers that dominated the news cycle earlier this year, once again finds himself the subject of breaking news alerts at virtually every media outlet.

On Tuesday morning, New York Attorney General Letitia James revealed the results of a five-month investigation into the 11 women who leveled sexual misconduct allegations against the governor, concluding that he “sexually harassed multiple women and, in doing so, broke the law,” the Washington Examiner reported.

“We found all 11 women to be credible,” James said.

“Sad day for New York”

James, along with two heavy-hitter attorneys who assisted in the complex investigation, held nothing back as they laid out their conclusion to the multiple counts of sexual misconduct that Cuomo faces.

“This is a sad day for New York because independent investigators have concluded that Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women and, in doing so, broke the law,” James said.

The AG added: “I am grateful to all the women who came forward to tell their stories in painstaking detail, enabling investigators to get to the truth. No man, no matter how powerful, can be allowed to harass women or violate our human rights laws, period.”

Not only did the investigation conclude that Cuomo committed the sexual harassment acts against the women involved, but noted that he and his office engaged in “retaliatory” actions as a result of their accusations, including attempts to “discredit and disparage” at least one of the accusers.

Gov. Cuomo responds

Roughly one hour after James announced the findings of the independent investigation, Gov. Cuomo released a recorded statement in which he not only denied the allegations — again — but also seemed to blame the victims for misunderstanding him. He also blamed politics for playing a role in the investigation, among other ludicrous claims.

“I want you to know directly from me that I never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances,” the governor said in his response, according to the New York Post.

Cuomo implied that the situation isn’t over until it’s fought in a court of law, saying, “I welcome the opportunity for a full and fair review before a judge and a jury, because this just did not happen.”

As far as what happens next, James said during her announcement of the findings that it’s “up to the governor, and/or the assembly, and the general public,” adding that her office isn’t pursuing criminal charges as a result of the findings. She noted that such proceedings would be up to police departments and prosecutors.

It’s clear at this point that Gov. Cuomo is taking this one to his grave, so it’ll be left to the state legislature to do their job and launch an immediate attempt to impeach the governor, as nothing less will suffice.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts