Poll shows Americans think better of police than BLM

According to a recent poll by Harvard’s Center for American Political Studies police have a better favorability rating than the Black Lives Matter movement, The Blaze reported.  

The poll asked a variety of questions, several of which asked Americans to rate different institutions including the police and Black Lives Matter.

Results indicated that 35% of those polled had a very favorable view of law enforcement, an additional 34 % had a generally favorable view, which makes for a combined 69% favorability rating.

In contrast, only around 21% of those polled had a very favorable view of Black Lives Matter and an additional 24% had a favorable view of the group, which made for a combined 45% favorability.

The bad news for BLM wasn’t over, however. This came after a May poll that showed that support for BLM was at its highest level in June of 2020 about a month after the death of George Floyd. 

“Support for BLM plummeted thereafter when rioting and violence overtook many of the protests and political demonstrations,” The Blaze reported. 

When questioned about the U.S. Military pollsters found that it had the highest total favorability rating coming in at 78%, with just 13% responding unfavorably. 

“The poll also found that the U.S. Military had the highest total favorability rating … Amazon also had a high total favorability rating of 71%, while the Centers for Disease Control had a total favorability rating of 58%,” The Blaze reported. 

Respondents were also questioned about elementary publication where they responded that the majority did not believe children should be taught the United States is basically racist in its structure and function. 

61% rejected the idea of curriculum like critical race theory being taught in elementary school and 39% supported the idea.

The poll of registered voters which was administered online seems to indicate that voters are largely adopting common-sense conservative values in the face of a push by the executive and legislative branches to move to the left. 

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts