San Francisco DA refuses to release bodycam footage from officers responding to Pelosi attack

San Francisco’s District Attorney is refusing to release bodycam footage from the officers who responded to the attack on Paul Pelosi.

District Attorney Brooke Jenkins revealed on Wednesday that the footage won’t be released anytime soon.

The explanation

“That meeting is happening today, so limited members are able to view that footage so that they can have certain questions in their mind answered. But it’s a very limited number of family members, and that should be going on as we speak,” Jenkins told CNN, according to the Washington Examiner.

“For us, revealing that evidence through the media is just not what we think is appropriate. We want to make sure that this individual is held accountable for these egregious acts. For us, we’re going to make sure that we limit the evidence as much as possible in order to get that done,” she added.

The official report

The Department of Justice issued a press release regarding the suspect and the charges following the attack on Pelosi.

“A California man was charged today with assault and attempted kidnapping in violation of federal law in connection with the break-in at the residence of Nancy and Paul Pelosi in San Francisco on Friday,” the department said.

“According to the complaint, David Wayne DePape, 42, of Richmond, was arrested on Friday inside the Pelosi residence by San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) police officers responding to a 911 call from Paul Pelosi, husband of U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Paul Pelosi later described to police that he had been asleep when DePape, whom he had never seen before, entered his bedroom looking for Nancy Pelosi,” it said.

The lack of public bodycam footage continues to add to speculation regarding what really happened at the Pelosi’s home.

While the attack is tragic regardless of the details, the mystery around the events has fueled many alternative views among Americans.