Conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro just exposed the sudden shift that Americans are witnessing in the left’s coronavirus narrative.
Shapiro did so in a Twitter rant that began:
So once it became clear that covid was not in fact a pagan god visiting vengeance on the unwashed Trump voters alone, the media and Democrats are now willing to admit the following.
Shapiro went on to provide ten examples of the left’s shifting coronavirus narrative, citing the source each time.
The list began:
1. Cloth masks are ineffective against omicron (Leanna Wen, CNN);
2. The vaccinated can spread and get covid;
3. The death rate is comparable to the flu (Chris Hayes);
4. Many people are entering hospitals with covid, not from covid (Fauci);
Two examples, detailed
Numbers three and four, in particular, are gaining a lot of attention on social media. Number three comes from MSNBC’s Christ Hayes.
Here is what Hayes said this past week:
The risk went from something we hadn’t really dealt with before in our lifetimes, to something that looks more like the flu. The flu can still be dangerous . . . but we do not reorient our lives around the flu.
Number four comes from none other than Dr. Anthony Fauci.
Fauci, during an appearance on MSNBC, highlighted the importance of distinguishing between children hospitalized “with” the coronavirus as opposed to those hospitalized “from” the coronavirus. The importance is that the latter inflates the coronavirus hospitalization numbers for children.
Shapiro continued his list:
5. Natural immunity is a reason omicron hasn’t been as virulent (Fauci);
6. We have to take into account societal needs, not just spread prevention (CDC);
7. The asymptomatic should not be tested (NFL);
8. We should focus on hospitalizations and deaths, not case rate (Biden);
And, he finished it off with:
9. Children are not at risk and schools should remain open;
10. Covid is predominantly an illness affecting the immunocompromised and elderly and we should not shut down society.
Shapiro finished his threat off with four hard-hitting tweets noting that these are points that many, particularly many on the right, have been making for months if not years now.
“Those of us in reality have been saying all this for months and most of it since May 2020,” Shapiro said. He later added, “We chose data and freedom. You chose alarmism and unearned moral superiority.”