As President Biden’s Justice Department fights to keep the American people from learning the details of the unprecedented FBI raid of Mar-A-Lago, former president Trump is threatening to blow the scandal wide open.
Trump’s son Eric Trump told Sean Hannity that the family plans to release surveillance footage of the raid, Conservative Brief reported.
Trump will release surveillance footage
Trump’s lawyers have said that FBI agents who raided Trump’s home asked to have cameras turned off, but they did not comply.
Eric Trump said that the family would “absolutely” share the tape “at the right time.”
“That’s why cops wear body cams. They don’t tell you to turn off cameras. They want transparency. And that’s not what happened here,” he said.
Much about the raid, including the government’s justification for the extraordinary action, remains unknown to the public.
In the meantime, Trump has been the target of innuendo about nuclear secrets, leaving skeptics to see a repeat in the making of the Russian collusion hoax.
As DOJ stonewalls, Trump pushes for transparency
A search warrant unsealed last week did little to clarify the circumstances of the bizarre raid, during which agents reportedly rifled through Melania Trump’s closet.
The judge who signed the warrant will hear arguments Thursday on unsealing an affidavit with more details, with Trump calling for full transparency even as the DOJ tries to keep the document under seal.
“In the interest of TRANSPARENCY, I call for the immediate release of the completely Unredacted Affidavit pertaining to this horrible and shocking BREAK-IN,” Trump said.
Trump announced Monday that his passports had been seized during the raid. The DOJ has since returned them.
With the raid being framed as a national security concern, reports that attorney general Merrick Garland waited weeks to approve it have raised more questions about its necessity.