Trump to mark return of MAGA rallies with event in Ohio

During both of his campaigns for the White House, former President Donald Trump was famous for holding rallies on his “Make America Great Again” agenda that would regularly attract thousands of supporters. And it looks like the massive events will soon be making a comeback.

Though he’s largely laid low since leaving office earlier this year, Trump’s Save America PAC announced this week that the former president will return to the stage later this month with a rally at Ohio’s Lorain County Fairgrounds, the Washington Examiner reported.

The event, set to be held on June 26, is being organized by the PAC. In a statement, the conservative fundraising group said Trump aims to remain a powerful force within the GOP.

The rally will be “President Trump’s first of many appearances in support of candidates and causes that further the MAGA agenda and accomplishments of President Trump’s administration,” the PAC said, according to the Examiner.

Trump backs Miller

Among other things, Trump also reportedly plans to promote at the rally Max Miller, a Marine veteran and former adviser to the then-president who is now mounting a primary challenge against GOP Rep. Anthony Gonzalez in Ohio’s 16th District.

Trump has spoken warmly of Miller in the past, the Examiner notes, even calling him “a wonderful person who did a great job at the White House.”

Trump also said in February that the Republican House hopeful “will be a fantastic Congressman.”

Of course, the former president has a far more frigid relationship with the 16th District’s present representative.

“Current Rep. Anthony Gonzalez should not be representing the people of the 16th district because he does not represent their interest or their heart,” Trump said earlier this year, according to the Examiner. “Max Miller has my Complete and Total Endorsement!”

Holding a grudge

That animosity is likely due to Gonzalez being one of 10 Republicans in Congress’ lower chamber to vote in favor of impeaching the then-president following a riot on Capitol Hill on Jan. 6.

Gonzalez tweeted out a statement following the Capitol attack that accused Trump of having “helped organize and incite a mob that attacked the United States Congress in an attempt to prevent us from completing our solemn duties as prescribed by the Constitution.”

“During the attack itself, the President abandoned his post while many members asked for help, thus further endangering all present,” Gonzalez alleged, according to the Examiner. It’s no wonder he now finds himself the object of the former commander-in-chief’s ire.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts