Wendy’s employee charged with murder following brutal attack

Last month, a fast food employee was accused of carrying out a savage attack on an unsuspecting 67-year-old man. A week later, he was charged with second-degree murder after the victim passed away. 

The brutal punch caught on a security camera

According to Fox News, police in Prescott Valley, Arizona say that a 35-year-old Wendy’s employee was at work on July 4:45 p.m. on July 26 when the older man entered the restaurant.

“A customer complained about his food order at which time, the employee, Antoine Kendrick, came out from behind the service counter and struck the customer in the head,” Fox News quoted police as saying said in a statement.

The Prescott Valley Police Department tweeted out security footage which showed the horrifying attack and the victim sprawled out on the restaurant’s floor.

In the video, a man who is said to be Kendrick can be seen coming up behind the man with a closed fist while the elderly man remains oblivious until he is punched.

Fox News reported that the victim, who authorities have chosen not to publicly identify, was subsequently airlifted to a hospital.

Charges upgraded to second-degree murder

This week, police put out a follow-up tweet in which they announced that the victim had died on August 5 and explained that Kendrick’s charge had been upgraded to second-degree murder.

One person who witnessed the attack unfold told CBS 5, “Oh, wow that was a pretty hard hit. That was a Mike Tyson hit.”

“The customer didn’t touch him, so he had no right to touch the customer, period, end of the story. I just think that’s horrible and wish it didn’t happen. It puts a bad light on our entire society.”

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

Latest Posts