POLL: Biden is not the Democrats’ overwhelming favorite for the 2024 primary

The Democrats’ 2024 problem is growing.

A new poll indicates that Democratic voters would neither strongly unite behind President Joe Biden nor behind Vice President Kamala Harris in the Democrats’ 2024 primary. 

The numbers

This poll was conducted by the Trafalgar Group from April 30th through May 6th. The pollster surveyed 1,574 likely primary or general election voters. For the purposes of this article, we are going to focus on only those likely Democrat primary voters that the Trafalgar Group surveyed.

Here’s what the pollster asked these voters: “What best describes what you would most likely do if Joe Biden were to run for re-election in the 2024 Democratic Presidential Primary?”

36.7 percent of these likely Democrat primary voters said that they would “absolutely vote for Biden,” while 20.7 percent said that they would “likely [vote] for Biden.” That’s a total of 57.4 percent, to emphasize, of likely Democrat primary voters.

5.2 percent said that they would be “unlikely to vote for Biden” an 16.9 percent that they would be “very unlikely to vote for Biden,” while 6.7 percent were “undecided,” and 5.8 percent said that they wouldn’t vote in that primary.

When asked who they would vote for in the primary other than Biden, the only candidate who beat out “someone else” was Harris, who received 41.3 percent of the vote. Then, 26 percent went to “someone else,” 9.3 to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg,” 8.0 to Tep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), and the remainder is distributed among other well-known Democrats.

Looking ahead

What is in the making, here, is a situation in which neither the sitting president nor the vice president is a strong presidential candidate for the next election.

According to FiveThirtyEight, President Biden’s approval rating is somewhere around 53 percent, with about 41 percent disapproving of his performance.

And, recent polls have indicated that Vice President Harris is one of the least popular vice presidents in recent memory. YouGov, for example, found that Harris was viewed unfavorably by 48 percent of American adults, including 84 percent of Republicans and 57 percent of Independents.

Republicans, on the other hand, have at least two strong 2024 candidates in former President Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron Desantis (R).

Polls have consistently indicated that Trump remains as popular as ever with his base and that DeSantis would likely be the frontrunner should Trump choose not to run.

Share on facebook
Share To Facebook

Welcome to our comments section. We want to hear from you!

Any comments with profanity, advocacy of violence, harassment, personally identifiable information or other violations will be removed. If you feel your comment has been removed in error please contact us!

8 Responses

    1. Google pay 390$ reliably my last paycheck was $55000 working 10 hours out of consistently on the web. My increasingly youthful kinfolk mate has been averaging 20k all through continuous months and he works around 24 hours reliably. I can’t trust how direct it was once I attempted it out. This is my essential concern…:) For more info visit any tab on this site.
      Thanks a lot GOOD LUCK…..===))> http://www.Cashapp3.com

  1. I get paid over $190 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 15k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.
    HERE ➤➤ https://www.workapp2.com

  2. You Might Like
  3. Did you know Bill Gates announced Job opportunity for everyone! Work from comfort of your home, on your computer And you can work with your own working hours. You can work this job As part time or As A full time job. You can earn from 65$ An hour to 1000$ A day! There is no limitations, it All depends from you And how much you want to earn each day.

    Check the details……….—–>>> > http://www.newapp7.com

  4. This is true that there is many search in google about home working many people done many works but the fact is that works fill their daily expendature?wad i also working on my laptop and earn a best salery do You wana how i did it that is tha best working site……… http://snag4.com/

  5. If Biden is their candidate, the Dems will have to cheat again, in order to “win” the election! The Democrats are evil!

  6. Biden is a fraud President he rigged the polls so he could win from the basement what a pu–sy I hate this coward Biden elected him so he can destroy us all. American is doomed for destruction

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Latest Posts