Trump's border czar clarifies comments regarding obeying court orders
President Donald Trump picked Tom Homan to be his border czar and he couldn't have possibly made a better choice. That was proven once again this week.
According to NewsNationNow, Homan recently clarified some of the comments he made earlier this week regarding judge's ruling in certain deportation cases, which many media outlets interpreted as Homan and the Trump administration possibly not following court orders.
He was specifically referring to court's orders regarding its barring of the government from deportations using the Alien Enemies Act of 1798.
Earlier this week, Homan said, "They're not gonna stop us," which triggered a firestorm of TDS-riddled feedback from the left.
What's going on?
During a Fox & Friends interview last week, Homan made it clear that he will carry out President Trump's deportation agenda.
"They’re not gonna stop us. We made a promise to the American people, President Trump has made a promise to the American people," he said during the interview. "I don’t care what the judges think, I don’t care what the left thinks, we’re coming."
Homan clarified his comments to Chris Cuomo this week, saying that the administration will obey court orders, but noted that there are "other ways" of getting illegals deported -- ways the administration absolutely will use.
NewsNationNow noted:
Appearing on “CUOMO” on Wednesday, Homan said agents under his direction will indeed continue deportation flights and making arrests. But he said they’ll do it under other means, such as Title 8 under immigration law or “another way,” as parties fight in court over the appropriateness of using the Alien Enemies Act.
"We’ll let DOJ and the courts fight this out, and we’ll see where we go from there,” Homan said, referring to the Department of Justice. "We’re going to keep targeting the worst of the worst."
When asked if he "respects the law and respects judges. True or false?" Homan replied, "Of course, absolutely,"... I’ve been in law enforcement since 1983, for God’s sake. Yes."
Deportation firestorm
The Trump administration recently deported 250 Venezuelan illegals with criminal records to El Salvador, where they will be held in prison.
A judge attempted to block the Trump administration from going through with the deportation mission, though it was ultimately too late as they had already been deported.
The judge who made the ruling was furious, demanding that the White House explain why the order was defied.
The White House told the judge that the plane was already over international waters when the decision was issued. Too late!