On Sunday, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said the White House is not preparing for violent protests ahead of an expected indictment this week of former President Donald Trump.
On Saturday following a leaked report that law enforcement was being consulted last week about an indictment, Trump angrily posted about the impending indictment, calling on his supporters to "Protest! Take our country back!"
Leftist media compared the comments to those he made on January 6, 2021 before supporters stormed the Capitol, even though he didn't tell anyone to be violent or break any laws.
The White House is apparently not worried this time, despite numerous speeches in which Biden talked about how "dangerous" MAGA Republicans are.
"We're always monitoring the situation here as best we can," Kirby said. "And we obviously don't want to see any activity grow violent, certainly nothing to the extent that we saw on January 6, but we're watching this. We'll watch it of course, closely."
"I'm not aware of any indications that we're preparing for that kind of activity, specifically, with respect to those comments," he continued. "But obviously, we work hand in glove with local and state authorities all around the country, and we'll continue to watch this as best we can."
The indictment is expected to come from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg and pertains to a payment then-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, now disbarred, made to porn star Stormy Daniels.
Cohen said the payment was on Trump's behalf, but Trump denies the affair that supposedly prompted the payment. Trump did pay Cohen back in several installments, however.
Daniels lost a civil suit against Trump earlier this year after the appeals process played out. Both Cohen and Daniels lawyer Michael Avenatti were convicted of felonies related to Daniels' claims.
Daniels was ordered to pay Trump $300,000 for court costs and fees, but has said she will not pay him "a penny."
Cohen later said Trump told him to pay Daniels the money, but Trump denies he did so and has said that Cohen made the payment on his own.
It could be a campaign funding violation to pay hush money while a candidate for president, as Trump was in 2016 when the payment occurred.
After five years of investigation, it appears that Bragg is finally ready to indict Trump for something--exactly what the charges will be is still unclear.
Liberal legal scholar Alan Dershowitz has decried the indictment, saying it would be "targeted injustice" because others have committed similar offenses and never been indicted.